Bever 3D Profiles
Guidance and quality control of tunnel profiles
There is a general objective at tunneling to drill and blast a profile with optimal profile at the lowest cost. That is : low overbreak and low risk for underbreak (which is costly to remove at a later stage in the project).
The Bever 3D Profiler is normally mounted on the jumbo rig and can be operated by the drill rig operator.
3D Profiler features
- check tunnel profile as a normal operation during round drilling/blasting
- scanned 3-dimensional profiles is measured and points on profile is displayed to operator
- operator is advised about underbreaks
- overbreak is calculated and presented to operator
- recorded profile can be displayed on PC and documented on paper
- underbreak may be drilled/blasted during next round
- profile can be drilled with less margin with less risk for costly underbreak removal
- reduced need for surveying work, later profiling
- scanning may be done while drilling next round
- operator on rig can operate the profiler without expert assistance
- Can also be delivered as a self contained unit